Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How to edit pictures in free editors

 How to edit pictures in free editors PART 2

This is original photo of one of mine stud earrings and hair pin set


1. STEP
1. STEP

First thing that I usually do is to open picasa (free google product for image editing) www.picasa.google.com
This is original photo. 
It is dark and kind of blue but you wouldn't believe I get BEST FINAL RESULT when my original photo looks like this :) 

2. STEP
2. STEP

Then I try clicking on some of Basic Fixes to see what effect I will get. Usually I go with auto color. This Fix usually make the picture more natural still dark but more natural.




3. STEP 

3. STEP
I click on Tuning folder and then start to add highlights - this step will make shade disappear. I move highlight until I get a natural color of my orange hair pins and studs. Usually at that point (when the color of my item is right) appears like a white circle around my items. Then I stop adding highlights and save my image.  If you are satisfy with you picture at this point you can stop here o you can continue with step 4

4. STEP picture 1
4. STEP

Now I am going to open second photo editor this one is also free you can download it here www.gimp.org you can use any other editor you are familiar whith that has this options.
My gimp will help me delete all of this gray surfuse I do not want to have on my picture.
I want plain white surface ! 
I will use Eraser tool and I will erase all gray spots until I get all nice and clean and totally white. (4. step picture 1.)

4. STEP picture 2
Picture 2

I will use SOFT BRUSH Eraser tool and I will erase all AROUND MY ITEM until I get what I want  (4. step picture 2.)







Finished photo
5. STEP
finishing with eraser tool 
All we need to do now is to crop this photo and make it nice and square
Ok now lets confront our final result with a picture from beginning
 
1. STEP
















Quite a difference I would say.

HOPE I HELPED YOU GUYS :)               YOU MAY ALSO LIKE PART 1

TUTORIAL HOW TO MAKE YOU PHOTOS ETSY SHOP WORTHY 



 

1 comment:

  1. this is amazing. thanks for the tips. I'm going to give them a try tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...