Tuesday, August 9, 2011

TUTORIAL TIPS How to make great photos for your ETSY SHOP

TUTORIAL TIPS How to make great photos for your ETSY SHOP 
PART 1

I want to share some of my experience with photos of my items from my etsy shop.
When I opened my store in February I was so exited to put my jewelry as soon as possible. I started adding pictures that I made in a hurry. 

This is an example of one of picture that I posted at the begining.
After I added like 30-40 items. I started looking better into Question of photography. 

It may look cute to you but
My picture was really bad !!!

1. background of this picture is cute little soft blanket but it looks hairy and ... not nice...

2. It needs more light.

3. The color of my earrings at the screen was not exactly the same as color of my earrings  

4. My earrings do not stand out!

5. My picture was cut bu ETSY and it looked like this in my shop....

6. It is not clear what is in the picture!!!! And that is THE MOST  IMPORTANT THING that need to be clear.

Get it now? Everything about this picture is bad!
WHAT IS IN THE PICTURE ????

2 STICKS or what ??? LOL

What you are selling??? Buyer needs to know what you are selling!

So after some experiments with different backgrounds I figure out that the best result I achieve was with the simple white copy paper! 

So my next step was adding the new photos to my store...

Original photo







THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL PHOTO I MADE









Retouched photo









AFTER SOME TOUCHES IN PICASA  IT LOOKED LIKE THIS










Belive it or not but this color is exacly the same color as my earrings.
STILL IT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH SO I CROPPED THE PHOTO AND  AT THE END IT LOOKED LIKE THIS



SQUARE SO WHEN I UPLOAD IT TO ETSY IT WON'T GET CUT

 THIS IS HOW IT LOOKED AT THE BEGINNING AND AT THE END
First photo
Last photo


I WOULD SAY QUITE A PROGRESS ....
Remember your photo has to be ATTRACTIVE FOR SOMEONE TO CLICK ON otherwise it won't be viewed.

I hope I helped please leave some comments :)

HELPFUL LINKS

PICASA -  http://picasa.google.com/
GIMP     -  http://www.gimp.org/

You can use software that you are familiar with I use these thay are free and easy to use.


4 comments:

  1. Wow -- I love how you included before and after pictures!! I know that I am certainly going to use your advice as soon as my kids go back to school in mid September. That's seriously the bane of my etsy experience. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a difference Picassa made, I need to look into that! All of your listing photos are just beautiful, thank you so much for sharing your tips with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions! I can definitely see a big improvement from the first photo to the last photo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...